HAPPINESS

 HAPPINESS

 On the eve of Valentine’s-day this year

I try to form an image of happiness

Something I can relate to, and feel,

See it before my eyes, remember its smell,

And something I could hear from a distance

And not just crave it.

 

Back home from work, in my study, as I sit and

Contemplate, it suddenly dawns on me that how 

Lately, happiness for me is like a bottle of Kama

Sutra deodorant generously sprayed after a shower

All over the skin like a second layer.

 

It is that sporadic sipping of that can of beer

That had been brewed and fermented from

The starches of rich and luxurious maize cereal grains.

 

Happiness is the soothing sound of a female tenor

That has a palatable timbre, singing the different 

Notes of a lullaby comfortably inducing a deep slumber.

 

Happiness is swimming in a blanket of joy and ecstasy

All day and night long, dreaming sweet dreams.

 

And the sight of the heavenly Drew Barrymore

Flashing her shy grin on the big screen, in that

Engaging rom-com.

 

On a dull, usual, normal day, Happiness is somewhat

Like this and then more!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE STUDY TABLE

MEMORIES OF SCHOOL DAYS

3 THINGS DAVID GOGGINS TEACHES.