THE CALL

 THE CALL

“Good afternoon ma’am. I’m Scott calling from Smokin Pizzas. Am I speaking with Gertrude?”

“Yes. How are you?”

“I’m fine ma’am. Would you like to order some Smokin Pizzas from us? We have some amazing varieties on offer. We would be delighted to serve you. Would you be interested?”

“Well, actually I have a bulk order in mind. I am an elderly woman, living alone.”

“Oh! And what will that be? How can I be of assistance to you?”

“You have an interesting voice. How old are you?”

“Ma’am I’m in my forties. We have cheese and corn pizza, the veggie delight...”

“Ah, that’s interesting. Where do you put up?”

“Ma’am I put up at Park Street, though my office is at Parliament Street. So, what will your order be?”

“Yes, but are you married? What do you do in your free time?”

“Yes, Ma’am I’m married. You know, you sound like my aunt. Can I call you Aunt Gertrude?”

“Yes, I’d love that. But tell me what are your hobbies?”

“Aunt Gertrude I love reading and watching movies in my free time.”

“Which movie have you watched lately?”

“I’m an action freak. I enjoyed watching Tom Cruise’s latest installment of Mission Impossible. I’ll be happy to assist you with your order.”

“Ah. Tom is one of my favorite actors too. Listen Scott why don’t you give me your number and email id?”

“Yes, I’ll text you my number and email id. We have different types of Smokin Pizzas you know.”

“Ok. I’d like to have three of the best pizzas you have. But tell me, would you like to chat with me sometimes?”

“Yes, I’d like to do that, but I’m swamped most of the time, you know”

“Oh. That’s OK. On weekends and your days off perhaps?”

“Tell you what Aunt Gertrude, I’ll give you three pizzas on the house which we generally keep reserved for our most loyal customers. It’s yours for free.”

“Oh. That’s nice of you.”

“Now, I got to go. Thank you for ordering from Smokin Pizaas. Please feel free to contact us with your feedback. Goodbye.”

“Oh. You have to go, do you? Thank you, Scott. I’ll be in touch.”

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE STUDY TABLE

MEMORIES OF SCHOOL DAYS

3 THINGS DAVID GOGGINS TEACHES.