THE GUITARIST

 THE GUITARIST

As I sit in bed, lost in the music playing in my head, I’m surrounded by

posters of my favourite rock stars as they stare down at me from the

walls of my bedroom. I bend the strings of my dreadnought acoustic 

guitar, which is in standard parlour size, my white-coloured instrument to the 

tunes of “Comfortably Numb”. The Pink Floyd number is coming alive in 

my bedroom. The sensation of the fingers pressing down on the strings is

mindblowing.

 

 

 

As I head over to the recording booth, I have my headphones on and I 

I am deeply engrossed in playing the cover of “November Rain”, the eternal

Guns N Roses's song evokes childhood memories. The excellent computer and

handful of decent mics make a good fidelity recording. The sound engineers

join me in the jam sessions, which take me back to the days when GNR ruled the 

roost. The feedback from the guitar body in my hands was encouraging.

 

 

 

After the recording session at the studio, I head out to the Starbucks coffeehouse.

Amidst the intimate setting and dim lights, I play “The Lady in Red” as patrons.

 gathered all around me, sipping exotic Starbucks coffee and listening attentively.

I get a heady feeling as the aroma of fresh coffee in the cosy coffeehouse hits

my nostrils. I play Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You” to increase the tempo.

 

 

 

When it was time to head home on the metro, I spied an artist playing for commuters in 

the bustling underground metro station. His hat and guitar case is lying open.

I'm in front of him for tips. I can make out the distinct strains of John Lennon’s “Imagine.” The energetic, intense solo is moving.

 

 

 

In the mood for some serenading, I head over to my lover’s room and, under

her bedroom window, I strum to Michael Learns to Rock’s “Take Me to Your Heart”. The soft rock music, the acoustic guitar tones and the soft, soothing melodies break the silence of the starry night.

 

 

 

I head to concerts on weekends and enjoy various rock band guitarists shredding on stage. The drummer, bassist, and Vocalist mostly accompany them. The amplifiers and speakers behind them boom out “Hotel California” and the mesmerising riffs of “Stairway to Heaven”. I take it all in, guzzling a bottle of Coke and some snacks. The stage presence of the artists is

electrifying. They regal the audience with their electric riffs, evoking many emotions.

 

 

 

On my yearly holiday, I head to the Goa beach. The scent of wood and polish

from the freshly tuned guitar amidst the beach bonfire during Christmas is an altogether different experience. The fingerpicking “Everything I do, I do it for You” reverberates to crashing waves in the background. The waves add a touch of romance to a wedding-like atmosphere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE STUDY TABLE

MEMORIES OF SCHOOL DAYS

3 THINGS DAVID GOGGINS TEACHES.