A TIMELESS YARN: MY DOUBLE -POWERED GERMAN STEEL WATCH FROM BERLIN

 A TIMELESS YARN: MY DOUBLE-POWERED GERMAN STEEL WATCH FROM BERLIN

 

It just seemed like yesterday when my sister gifted me a gift that has become an inseparable part of me: a double-powered German steel watch from Berlin. It is double deal, double dial, double impact, double delight, double reliability, and double durability German ingenuity.

 

It was on a clear, bright spring day when my sister, knowing my penchant for punctuality, value time, and always being on time, gave me a gift-wrapped box with a mysterious smile. Inside was a meticulously crafted double-powered steel watch with the words “United Love Berlin” engraved on its back.

 

What set the watch apart was its double features. It gave the time accurately. It housed modern tech in an old-world charm avatar, similar to the watch sported by James Bond in his movies. It is quietly efficient and reliable, always giving the correct time.

 

From that day onwards, my double-powered watch was not just for timekeeping but a symbol of unity, heritage, harmony, tradition, wholeness, progress, and prosperity. It is like a priceless family heirloom.

 

It reminds me every day of my roots, familial ties, family traditions, and my sister's thoughtfulness. She reminds me of these values by having given me this unique gift. It has been my steadfast companion through the turns and tides of time and the remarkable journey called life.

 

During the nights when the world seemed to be at war and turmoil, the steady, reliable watch always pointed the way forward. In moments of doubt and uncertainty, it provided clarity like no other.

 

As the years slowly passed, the faithful watch has been a silent witness to all my trials and tribulations: my highs and lows, my successes and failures, my joys and sorrows, my moments of doubt and clarity.

 

Today, as I look at it, I am filled with a deep sense of gratitude for all the memories it holds and signifies. As the scripture from any St. James Bible will testify, the watch from Berlin reminds me of God and his mysterious ways. It reminds me of the united efforts and sacrifices of my family and their enormous contributions to my life. It has become a family heirloom, which I intend to pass on to my future generation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE STUDY TABLE

MEMORIES OF SCHOOL DAYS

3 THINGS DAVID GOGGINS TEACHES.