THE VAGARIES OF WEATHER

 THE VAGARIES OF WEATHER

 

I could hear the sound of thunder and lightning outside while the rain pelted down hard, making a splashing sound as it beat down on the roof of my apartment. The raindrops also made a "platter platter" sound as they hit my window panes. It wasn't just raining but also frosty, with the icy breeze sending a chill down my body as I tried to snuggle up for warmth. The ground outside was coated with frost, creating a blanket of white all around me. The roads, pavements, and trees were all white, and I couldn't stop my teeth from chattering in the icy, cool weather.

 

After a prolonged spell of rain, frost and snow that seemed to last for an eternity, there was a change.  The dark clouds suddenly gave way to the sun, which shone brightly and warmed my skin. My mood lifted, and I felt cheerful. The air was fresh and pleasant, with the melting ice making a sound like "little tiny gunshots". This expression was once used by well-known glaciologist Erin Pettit, who described the melting ice. The scent of damp soil was earthy and delightful. The melting snowflakes tasted funny and left a tingling sensation on my tongue, like snow cones without added flavours. The previously frozen ground became soft and comfortable to walk on. The sky was clear and blue with no more threatening clouds.

 

This change in weather is a stark reminder that even in the darkest and frostiest times, light and warmth can find their way back to us. The sun always shines after a dark, snowy night. Even when the weather is uncertain, hope is never too far away on the horizon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE STUDY TABLE

MEMORIES OF SCHOOL DAYS

3 THINGS DAVID GOGGINS TEACHES.